Thursday, April 14, 2011

Week 12


I think voicethread is a very useful educational tool because it allows students and teachers to interact with each other outside of the classroom. Everyone can post comments in the form of a document file, video, voice recording or they can just write a comment. This program is great because everyone is able to share their ideas with one another and provide feedback for each other. I think voice thread is a lot better than traditional online discussions because there are several different tools that the students can use. Teachers can make videos for the students to view which can be much more helpful than simply reading written instructions. Voicethread is great because it encourages students to be creative. Another great thing about Voicethread is that it is very convenient and accessible. Students can participate in the discussion when they have time. The program can be accessed at home, at the library or at school as long as there is a computer and Internet access.

I would use this program in my lesson plan because students could share their work with each other in a fun and interactive way. For my lesson plan I had students take photos of Hispanic foods and write sentences about them. The students could post their photos on voicethread write the sentences and share them with the class. Everyone would be able to read each other’s findings and learn new sentences and vocabulary.

I would use this program in my classroom for a few assignments but I don’t think that I would use it on a regular basis. This program is good for sharing and discussing but I think that this program is more beneficial for online classes because students in online classes don’t get the face-to-face student-teacher interaction that students in a classroom have.


Reference:
What's a voicethread anyway? (2007). [Web]. Retrieved from http://voicethread.com/?#q

2 comments:

  1. I also feel this program wopuld probably only be used for a face to face class less than it would be used for an online class. This program seems to be a better medium for intergrating more syudent interaction for online classes in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that this program is also a great way to have interaction between the teacher and the students. I like your lesson plan with Hispanic foods to allow students to talk about them during class.

    ReplyDelete